The 4th DAE-BRNS theme meeting on EXFOR compilation of nuclear data will be held during 4–8 April 2011 at the Department of Physics, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India.
The following topics will be covered:
- Scope, contents, objectives and importance of EXFOR database
- Indian nuclear data mirror website of NDS
- Basic introduction: How to use EXFOR
- ExforEdit software (http://www-nds.iaea.org/nrdc/nrdc_sft)
- Digitization software for EXFOR applications (http://www-nds.iaea.org/nrdc/nrdc_sft)
- Indian nuclear physics and nuclear data experiments
- Tutorials and EXFOR coding exercises
- Review of creation of new EXFOR entries
- Practical computer sessions with feedback
Last date for registration has been extended to 8 March 2011. Those who are interested in participation may send their request by email to the Technical Convener/Local Convener with request of financial support if required. M.Phil./II year M.Sc. students, JRFs and SRFs may also apply sending their CV with references through their Head of the Department. There is a registration fee of Rs. 650/- for Indian participants. For foreigners, the registration fee is USD 600. Travel details and request for accommodation may be sent to the Local Convener.